DIY Bath Bombs
These natural do-it-yourself bath bombs make any bath a lavish and relaxing spa experience. They’re perfect handmade gift for any occasion.
dried flowers or herbs
Small spray bottle filled with water
Soap molds, silicone molds, or small muffin tins
- In bowl, stir together dry ingredients: cornstarch, baking soda, citric acid, (and dried flowers or herbs if using) breaking up lumps.
- Separately, mix together the wet ingredients: liquid coconut oil, water and essential oils.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing very thoroughly. The mixture should be the consistency of fine, moist sand when you squeeze the mixture in your palm (TIP: If the mixture crumbles too easily, you can use a spray bottle to spritz water gradually to desired consistency.)
- If using dried flowers or herbs, place some in the bottom of each mold.
- Fill each mold with the damp powder mixture, pressing everything in the mixture down firmly.
- Allow the molds to sit overnight to dry and harden before removing from the molds.
- For a fragrant and calming spa experience, add one bath bomb to your bath - or give away as memorable gifts!