Brain Food Bites
Feeling foggy? Try these Brain Food bites! Packed with brain-boosting ingredients like dates, chia seeds, almonds and coffee - these tasty clusters are sure to keep your mind fuelled and focused! We also added in Chocolate Collagen Peptides to support healthy skin, joints and nails.
8 medjool dates
1/2 cup Cold Brew coffee
1 cup raw almonds
1 tbsp chia seeds
Pinch of sea salt
1. Soak medjool dates in cold brew coffee for about 10 minutes.
2. Remove dates from coffee, reserving a few teaspoons of the cold brew coffee.
3. Add medjool dates to a food processor and blend. Intermittently, add a tablespoon of cold brew coffee at a time to reach a thick and creamy consistency.
4. Once you've reached a thick and creamy consistency add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined. Mixture should reach a dough consistency.
5. Form mixture into small 1 inch round bites and enjoy immediately. Bites can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week and freeze for up to 3 months.
Here is an article that highlights the coffee, nuts and chocolate as beneficial to brain and here is another article highlighting seeds (chia) and one more article regarding date brain benefits.